Sokoto Govt Holds Mass Burial For Victims Of Attack

0
41

The Sokoto State Government has held a mass burial for 32 people, who were killed by some bandits in the state.

The bandits on motorcycles invaded villages in Rabah Local Government Area of the state on Monday, killing many.

The state governor, Aminu Tambuwal during the mass burial said that there is a need to overhaul Nigeria’s security structure to effectively deal with the killings.

He described the killings as unfortunate and promised to continue to support security agencies to check the menace.

“So far, we have covered (buried) about 32 bodies and we have prayed and observed fidau prayers. We are here with other security heads in the state to ensure that we adequate security measures are taken to nip this in the bud.

“My message to the families of the victims is that they should take heart. We give assurance to them that the government will do all possible to nip this in the board,” he said.

Displaced residents of Rabah local government area in Sokoto

 

Meanwhile, the attacks on Rabah local government area has led to the displacement of thousands of residents of the affected communities who are currently habiting at Gandi model primary school.

The security agents have since called for cooperation from members of the public to report any suspicious movement so as to check the menace swiftly.

The post Sokoto Govt Holds Mass Burial For Victims Of Attack appeared first on Channels Television.

NO COMMENTS