Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- 3 Cups of basmati rice3 large Onions
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large Onions (chopped)
- 1 Scotch bonnet (chopped)
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- 400g Canned tomatoes (blended)
- 250g Corned beef
- 1 Maggie cube
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1tsp Rosemary
- 1tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat your cooking pot and add in the oil (medium heat)
- Add in the chopped onions and let is simmer for about a minute.
- Add in the tomato paste and allow this to cook very well (You can add about half a cup of water to it. This diminishes any sourness in the tomato paste).
- Add the bay leaves, rosemary and curry powder.
- Add the blended tomato paste and allow this to cook for about 20 minutes (until oil starts coming on to the surface of the stew).
- Add the maggi cube
- Add the corned beef
- Add 2 cups of water to the stew
- Was and add the rice (lowest heat to prevent it from burning)
- Cover the rice and allow it to cook till the rice is soft.
- Enjoy your yummy jollof rice.