These mosques are all surrounded by bodies of water. Check them out.
Living in Nigeria, it is easy to assume that what we have is the standard for places of worship around the World.
Pulse Nigeria brings proof that this is not the case. Can you believe that some countries have Mosques built around water?
We know this might be hard to believe so we put a list of these stunning places.
Here are five of the World’s most beautiful mosques that just happen to be surrounded by water.
1. An-Nur Mosque, Pekanbaru, Indonesia: Construction began in 1963 and was completed in 1968.
2. Schwetzinger Mosque, Baden-Württemberg, Germany:
3. Al-Rahma Mosque, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: It is also known as the floating Mosque.
4. Puchong Perdana Mosque, Selangor, Malaysia: It was built between 2004 and 2006.
5. Melaka Straits Mosque in Malacca, Malaysia: It was opened on November 24, 2006.